Sunday, April 10, 2005

PEACE

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9


My soul is filled with an incredible sense of peace for the past few weeks, praise God! Yes, now I'm sure that God has gave me the answer to my prayers. It is totally unexpected, I must admit, and although I know the 'whys', I'm still trying to find out 'how', so that God's name can be glorified. I used to think that he would remove or resolve my problem, but now I realize that it's there so that I'll be more dependent on him; so that my faith on his grace will increase!

If this is his will, than I'll submit to it. Nevertheless, I think God is telling me to share my burden to a fellow brother as well, one whom I can trust completely, one who would understand my plight. And I think I know juz the person to look for... If only I could gather the courage to do so.

I guess none of us feel comfortable exposing our weaknesses to others, cuz it makes us so vulnerable and all. Yet, I can't help but be reminded of Psalms 27:1-

The LORD is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?

Oh how I longed to juz let it out to someone! Yet at the same time, I can't help but fear if the timing is right... and if the person is willing to share this burden of mine, since he seems to be drowned in his own private problems...

Perhaps it's God's will for the both of us to help each other out... Guess I'll juz have to wait upon God till then... And wait I shall!

No comments: