Thursday, April 28, 2005

LOSING GRIP

My life is getting more and more routine... Everyday it's waking up late in the morning, lunch at Food Ave, boring and dull lectures till 3.45pm, afternoon nap for 2 hours, dinner, then studies, and sometimes (on 2nd thought, make that 'often') makan at mamak with friends late late at night. Other than the mamak part, I really really really feel sick and tired of the same routine everyday... I want my life back!

They say studying Medicine can be a dehumanizing process. I have to agree with that. When one immerse himself in memorising all the facts and signs of diseases and microorganisms and parasites and drugs and biochemistry, it is inevitable that one will be feel so saturated with the facts that he begins to lose himself. I think I'm losing a grip on my identity, no, my very existence, here. I dun feel like an individual anymore, but more like a part of a crowd of study-weary ppl, all desperately yearning for a break that won't come until the horrifying finals is over in 84 days time, and that is only if we pass the horror of horrors in a med school called IMU.

But this is the path that I've chosen to take, and I'm fully aware of the challenges that I have to go thru even b4 I entered med school. I have no regrets watsoever, for I know that this is wat I want, to become a doctor. God pls help me to survive thru all this... I hope I'll still remain sane till the end of this long road...

No comments: