Friday, October 21, 2005

BAH KUT TEH IN SRI PETALING!

I can't believe my eyes as I drove pass a signboard on my way to OUG: Fatty Long Teluk Pulai (Klang) Bah Kut Teh!!! Wow, not only is there a new Klang Bah Kut Teh restaurant in Sri Petaling, it's a branch of the famous Teluk Pulai Bah Kut Teh!!! Back in Klang, the place is always crowded: you need to wait to be seated when u go at peak hours! And here it is, a branch in Sri Petaling itself!

But I can't help but being skeptical and suspicious... Is it really a branch of the famous bah kut teh, or izzit yet another name-borrowing fake like the countless bad Seremban Siew Paos out there? (No offense, I LOVE the authentic Seremban Siew Pao, but there are plenty of lousy ones out there with the same name!) So today, I finally ventured to try it out with 2 of my Sabahan friends...

I was really pleased when I found out the owner of the restaurant is a Klangite (ah it's so good to see someone from my hometown "so far away from home"!), and everything do seemed to be right... And here's my verdict after we ate the food: it is good, and it does has the Teluk Pulai taste! So yup, it's authentic! Yay!!!

It's so great to have such a good hometown food served so near to my campus! Gonna frequent this place from now on with my non-Klangite friends to introduce them the famous dish that originates from nowhere but my beloved hometown! >=)

No comments: