Sunday, October 30, 2005

FINAL KKB POSTING

Juz returned from the last KKB posting I'll ever have. Have my final sight of the town... and I guess I won't miss the place much... perhaps other than the wonderfully cheap and delicious Restaurant 98, and the cheap ice cream (less than RM 2.50 for 4 scoops!) there. The latest KKB posting was... bad. Not as bad as the one in sem 3 when everyone is stressed out by EOS3, but nothing compared to the blissful time we all have back in sem 2.

In fact, I dun feel like a med student at all in the latest posting. I'm kind of fed up with med school life. Dun get me wrong, i'm not regretting taking up Medicine, juz that i'm tired of the usual routine of a med student's life... study study and study. Blegh. I have totally abandoned all thoughts of studying for the past few weeks, and went lepak-ing all over KL in hope to recharge myself... but so far I'm still desperate for something to turn me on perpetually... Everything feels so dry now, as if I'm in a desert or something!

Anyway, this KKB trip is full of accidents... Left my sotong balls & honey in the bus when I reached KKB, and I still can't locate the whereabouts of them. Broke my watch there too, have to get it fixed ASAP (thank God the warrantee is still good). And left my favourite formal wear there too, my comfy blue snails collared-shirt. :( Sigh... At least the BBQ was fun...

Somehow I got this melancholic feeling surrounding me all the time I was there. Seeing how my friends mingle around with everyone, I can't help but noticing how superficial most of our friendships are with one another... I can see how after we've graduated from IMU and leave for the PMS of our choice all over the world, we might never see each other nor keep in touch again... It's as if our friendships only last for this moment, never meant to be kept for life...

Everything seems to feel as if they're ending or fading away soon... Guess it's about time for me to sail to the West, to the Undying Lands of Aman... Oh heck forget bout the LoTR talk. I guess I'm juz weary bout this current phase I'm in, and eager to start anew in my clinical training overseas!!! The green pastures of New Zealand does sound inviting...

No comments: