Friday, November 25, 2005

RESPONSIBILITIES

I detest responsibilities.

They are like a cage to me - they limit my freedom. When I'm free of any responsibilities, there's limitless possibilities of how I can spend my time, and immense flexibility to my schedules. But when duties come, I have to forfeit so many of these potential possibilities and get stuck with the limited things I HAVE to do.

It is ok if I have nothing better to do, or better still, that I really wanna do it; but once you become a leader, you can't choose when to get involved and when to walk the other way anymore. You are expected to do the things that you are supposed to do, no matter how much you feel like doing it. That seriously sucks. I firmly believe that we should never sacrifice our freedom of choice for anything.

I know that it's about time that I learn to deal with my duties and be a responsible person, but I really hated being tied down by them. A bird has to fly to wherever ut wants, and heck I don't want any cage surrounding me if I can help it. Question is, how could I remove this cage that I have getting myself into? I should have being more stubborn and refuse all requests of taking up any form of long-term responsibilities.

It's funny how when you volunteer to help out with something, people really appreciate your efforts, no matter how little it can be; but if you are responsible for a task, how well you perform will determine people's perception towards you. If that is the case, I would rather roam freely around all these "zones of responsibilities" and only venture into them once in awhile when I feel like it. That way, I can have the satisfaction of contributing something without being tied down by the tasks at hand.

Now how could I resign without causing a havoc...

No comments: