Wednesday, December 15, 2004

RETURN TO AWANA!

Went to Awana last weekends with my mum and her side of the family. Man, how much I love to go up to the hills!!! Awana is as tranquil as ever, though sad to say it seemed to look old somewhat, and not well-maintained. Nevertheless, I'm still really fond with the place. Since we arrived at the hotel early and cannot check in yet, I brought my sis and her friends (reluctantly... I feel like resting!) along with my bro to take a shuttle to Genting Skyway.

I was really annoyed when I see the long queue at Genting Skyway... My aunt was quite optimistic that we'll be able to get into the cable car in half an hour, but I confidently told her it'll take at least an hour (I queued up for 1 and a half hour once during Chinese New Year). I actually use the stopwatch function on my handphone to see how accurate my prediction is... And guess wat? It's timed around 1 hour and 5 minutes! Aha!

And oh my, the indoor theme park really have a new facelife already! I barely recognized the place except for a few landmarks- McDonalds and KFC! Most of the rides and stuff have changed already, not to mention to new shiny floor tiles! But I nv really hang around there at all. Instead, I brought all the kids straight to First World Theme Park, my fav place at Genting!!! That place is juz as crowded and lively as ever! Sent the kids to line up for some rides while me and my bro went shopping around for clothes!

Of cuz, any trip to Genting will not be complete without me doing wat I like most there... Drinking a warm cup of coffee out in the cold blasting wind at night! The differences this time is that I have a bunch of noisy kids tagging along with me and can't stop complaining how cold it was out there, and this time around, it was actually "raining"! No, u dun actually see any rainfall, but the wind was so moist all of us looked as if we've juz washed our hair! Ah how I love that wonderful moment... The peaceful and foggy enviroment, the cold blasting wind, the soothing warmth of hot coffee going down your throat... Man I can't wait to do that again!

After I went back to Awana, we have a walk around the golf course... At one corner of the building, we actually saw twenty over bats hanging on the ceiling in a fairly well lit place! This was the 1st time I get to observe so many bats resting so closely, and it's not evev a cave!!! That's one memorable moment!

Next morning, after the breakfast buffet, we went for archery at the Awana Sports Centre. Man, I dun realized how much I have improved since the last time! And of cuz, I wouldn't leave Awana without at least have a jacuzzi bath there! Too bad the water heater dun seemed to function properly though... Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it!

I really really enjoyed this trip to Awana... Let's hope that the SOS can all go there one day!

No comments: