Monday, June 13, 2005

2 YEARS ANNIVERSARY

Seems that I've missed my blog's 2nd birthday! Argh... It's on the 5th of June!!! Argh, how can I have forgotten it?! Forgetful me!!! Must have been due to the enormous last minute effort during my GI system!!! Dang!

Well, as Socrates has said (thanks Tom for the quote!), "The unreflected life is not worth living", I've look thru all the posts between June 2004 till June 2005. Many things have happen since, and I've grown much since then too. I have shortened the length and frequency of my blog posts, since I've learned that not everything are worth recording and reading.

Anyway, here's the highlights!

Sem 2 (June 2004 - February 2005)

1. Addicted to Settlers of Catan
Yup, thx to Matthew, I've got a new love in my life, the boardgame Settlers of Catan! Hope to get my own set 1 day *hint hint* =p.

2. Campus Friends' Broga Camp
Definitely one of the most enjoyable trip/camp I have in my life. Raft-building, obstacle cross, high rope crossing, flying fox, murder game... Wow, it has been a wonderful time there. Oh and I learned the card game Bridge too!

3. Streamyx installed
Finally I can download stuff at top speed! Haha!! Come to me all u animes, movies, songs and MTVs out there!!!

4. Sem 2 CG
In contrast to the relative dryness of our sem 1 CGs (no offense to the M1/03 seniors who guide us.. U guys did great, juz that we prefer our own way! Thx still for the efforts!), our CGs in sem 2 started off wonderfully. Honest sharing and testimonials are the best things wei! And the CG has been doing well ever since!

5. Battle of the Bands 2004
Having fun in Taylor's watching the performances. Hope to be back for the next one!

6. My 1st major accident
Hit the butt of a Satria in front of me as he braked suddenly. Lose RM 100, but I guess it could be worse... That car juz got a scratch, and mine? The whole frontal part caved in, and the lights were broken!

7. The Pink Lady
A bizarre late night experience (bout 3.30 am) witnessing (probably a prostitute) a lady in pink walking around slowly on the road leading to Vista A while waving eerily at us on the balcony of B1-B1-8. Apparently she even humped a tree! Ewwwww...

8. The Hullaballo
For the 1st time, I realize the potential of a blog in starting a conflict. Though the issue is resolved in the end, some damage on relationships seems permanent, as I finally vent out my long suppressed anger towards someone, albeit in a very controlled manner.

9. 1st try of Rojak
Ate my very 1st rojak at SS15 with Yon Xian and Brandon... Come to think about it, I haven't been eating many of it since! Lol.

10. Rotation at Hospital Kuala Kubu Baru
Scared stiff at 1st by the M2/03 seniors about how ulu the place is, I (and most of my batchmates) ended up loving the place. Jay-walking in the wide but empty streets, having fun in Fraser's Hill, cheap ice-cream and all... It's a blast! I guess the seniors must have been really spoilt in their home! Lol...



Sem 3 (March 2005 - June 2005)

1. Sem 3 stress
For the 1st time in my med school life, I actually feel as if I'm sick of studying. It occurs early in the Haematology System and lasted till the wnd last week of GI System. There's juz so much to study, and most of the lectures are so awfully boring. But I hope I've gotten over it.

2. Baptism in Morib
My Serdang HOPE CG went to Pantai Morib at Banting for an outing and also a baptism event for a few of the members. The trip brought back lots of fond memories, as I've haven't been to Banting, my dad's 1st working place, for the longest time. Our unintentional side trip also landed us at Jenjarom too, where I saw the temple site where I used to join a Buddhist Camp b4 when I'm in standard 6.

3. Dealt with my problem
I've finally come in peace with my problem. Although I haven't exactly found the solutions yet, at least I managed to keep it under control now.

4. Being an umpire
Learned to become and helped out as an umpire and linesman in the IMU Closed Badminton Championship. A wonderful and eye-opening experience!

5. Post-exam Klang tour
Brought Man Keat and Sidd down to Klang for a food tour. It has been fun touring them around Klang, and I hope to do it again soon! They've yet to try everything that's good!

6. Personality Type
My interested in Personality Type has been flared up again. Currently trying to get as many data as possible to test the accuracy of the typology theory. I need more test subjects!!!

7. Read 1984
The most horrifying book I've read so far, and it sparked my interest in a totally new field: political literature and movies!!!

8. Found a true friend
The last is definitely not the least in this case. In fact, it is the most memorable. I finally found a close friend whom I can juz say wateva is on my mind, and one who is always willing to listen and help me out. This is surely one of the memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life!

And there u have, the highlights of the 2nd year of my blog writing, in a concise manner! Till the next anniversary! >=)

No comments: