Sunday, November 07, 2004

HIGHWAY ADVENTURE... NO. 2??

I was driving home after CG on Friday night, reflecting on how wonderful the day has been, with all the parasitology lab, sem 2 CG (thank God that the 2nd half of The Fighting Temptation is slightly more amusing than the 1st), badminton, dinner at Vista A, managed to borrow Alpha Centauri from Matt, and having a wonderful fellowship during the Serdang Hope of God CG again at nite... when I realized that it jammed rather heavily on Batu Tiga... at 11pm!!! I was really puzzled at 1st, but grew increasingly annoyed when the jam got so bad, that all the cars were immobile for 10 minutes or so! Some of the drivers even walked out of their car to see wat's the fuss' all about!

Argh of all the possible route that I can choose, why do I choose this? 30 minutes later, I finally reached the turning to Federal Highway (eventhough the distance was only about 1km from where the jam began). Heaving a sigh of relief, I drove with anticipation of a smooth ride back home from there... Imagine my horror when I saw the road was blocked by lorries and trucks, and the traffic police signalling all of us to u-turn! I tried to asked a guy at the roadside for the reason, but the only reply I got was "Turn back! Turn back!". Sheesh...

It was then that I've made the mistake of calling my mum to tell her about the road block. She got panicky and a little mad of me having to return home so late etc etc. I told her I'll drive towards IMU 1st, and I'll figure an alternate route back on the way. Then I realized that I can turn into USJ when I pass by The Summit, so I called my mum and told her about it... She react quite violently then, telling me NOT to use that cuz she was lost for 3 hours in the past after she turned into it. Also, both my parents were already on their way to lead me home! Since I've nv use that turning b4 (I only did so for a few times in the past on the other direction), I juz follow her wish la. Dun wanna get her worried... But I'm pretty sure that the turning is the right one, and it'll bring me to SS 15 and eventually Federal... But I juz follow my mum's wishes then.

Eventually I reached Kinrara Rest Station, juz b4 the last toll b4 IMU. I was starving by then, so I came down for a supper while waiting for my parents to arrived there. I was thinking then, "Man, this is SO like the Dengkil incident!" But thank God, the steel plate yee mee there was surprisingly good. Hang around the kawasan rehat for awhile b4 I'm "reunited" with my parents. My dad drove my car with me, and my mum in the one my parents came with. And off we went... taking the exact same route I have in mind earlier, exit thru USJ!!! Argh... Wasted 30 minutes for that! I should have juz trust my own decision earlier!

On the way back, I passed by the other end of the turning that I should have take if not for the road block... Gosh, that area was flooded badly! Witnessed the aftermath of a rather bad accident too. There was car with a badly crumpled front exactly in the middle of the highway! Guess the rain really was heavy earlier... The car must have skidded! Maybe it's a good thing that I've waited fro my parents... Who knows, I might got involved in that terrible accident!

By the time I reached home, it was 1am already! But man am I relieved to see Klang again... after spending almost 2 hours in a car! Lol. Maybe I'm juz not meant to drive long distant at night using highways... I always can't get back home late at night! <=)

No comments: