Tuesday, November 02, 2004

POST-SUMMATIVE 1



I've finally get everything there is to catch in the movie after the 3rd viewing, no thanks to poor pirated vcd/dvd quality in the 1st two attempts. Though the emotional impact is somewhat lessen by the 3rd viewing, I'm still very impressed with all the visual effects and how cleverly they're used. Also, I've even greater admiration on how the scriptwriter managed to imbued the lead characters with so much humanity, not to mention the rather enlightening and interesting analysis on our human nature in relationships. There is one small unavoidable flaw that I realized in the 3rd viewing though: the lack of development for the supporting characters, who have so much potential... But I guess that in any romance movie (even for one as offbeat and bizarre as Eternal Sunshine), the focus have to be on the love interests, so I won't be critical on that flaw!

Post summative one attempts to study haven't been good... It's juz so tempting to relax now when the exams seemed so far away, only to get panicky and rushed when summative two is looming ahead... Sigh... When will I ever learn?

No comments: