Saturday, April 03, 2004

LOST IN DENGKIL

I was about to rushed back home after my Tai Chi practise when my mum called and told me not to come back yet, for it's still raining very heavily here. So I changed my mind and stayed back for awhile, and joined the Adventure Club's BBQ AGM (the AGM part dun work though... too few ppl attend due to the rain... poor Seng Kiat and Chia Meng... Haha). By the time I left the place, it's 8.15pm already... And I still have a CG back Klang to rush to!!!

Halfway back, I suddenly realized that my surroundings was unfamiliar... But it's kinda hard to tell since the sky was really dark then due to the aftermath of the heavy rain. When I saw the Caltrex petrol station, I confirmed that I was really really at the wrong road... But there's no place for me to stop my car for at least 10km down the highway!!! When the word "ELITE" appeared over the overhead bridge was like, "Wat?! Since when I left Kesas and entered ELITE?! This is bad..." But I was relatively clam even then, cuz I know no matter what big sh*t I'm stuck in, God will always make a way to lead me out.

I called my mum, and man did she nag! Lol. I tried really hard to explain to my parents where I was then, but it was hopeless. I was thinking then, "Great... I'm moving forward into the middle of nowhere..." When I finally found the signboard that sez "Kawasan Rehat Dengkil", I was really relieved... although the name "Dengkil" dun ring a bell at all. All that I know was that KLIA and Seremban was rite ahead of me... I called my dad again, and thank God that he knew where Dengkil is (I tried to tell him loads of time but he kept hearing "Thank You" instead of "Dengkil" thru the phone... blegh...). After much discussion on what I shud do and which turning I shud take and etc etc (not to mention asking the stall owners for directions), my dad finally made up his mind to drive all the way to Dengkil to lead me back home... That saved me much troubles indeed!

While waiting for my dad, I was there studying/ sms-ing (telling the whole world wat happened to me)/ looking around. I was kinda worried that I'll get robbed or something, a lone teen in the middle of nowhere... Strangely, the place was quite crowded still. Time seems to pass by really fast then, for soon, my dad had arrived! That was a really BIG relief for me. So off I went, following behind my dad's car, struggling to stay awake for the entire journey. I'm exhausted already!!! Well, thank God I managed to reach my home safely! But in the end I've missed the CG!!! All this rush back... for nothing!!! Sigh...

Well, at least it was a memorable experience... And my knowledge on geography now has further increased. I now know Dengkil is situated at Sepang, and it's pretty close to KLIA! My how do I end up there with juz a single wrong turn, I have no idea... One thing's for sure... I will nv drive home from IMU after 8pm again!!! <=)

No comments: