Monday, December 19, 2005

DINNER AT TARBUSH

Went to a Middle-Eastern restaurant to celebrate Bryan's birthday last Monday, Dec 12. Well, actually, we were supposed to go for a Sri Lankan buffet instead... But poor Thommy (that's me) have to disappoint everyone bcuz he juz simply can't take any spicy food!!! >=D So ya, Sidd suggested Tarbush at Bukit Bintang instead, and off we go! ...Actually, it wasn't that easy... There's also this blasted heavy rain that kinda hinders our journey (to the LRT station nearby hehe), but sufficient to say we survive the ordeal la lol.



The place is situated juz opposite KL Plaza, and my, it really has some nice middle-eastern deco inside! It somehow reminded me of Morocco more specifically.



This being the 1st time I'm trying out "Lebanese delicacies" (that's how they put it in the signboard!), I'm kinda lost with all the jargons they used in the menu. Shish Tawook, Fetush, Baklawa, Grilled Arayes etc etc. Thank God we have Sidd there, our ever dependable guide when it comes to foreign food! (he's not very good on Japanese food though lol) All of us different variety of food there, and here are a couple of pics of them!





It was there at Tarbush where I discover one of the best tasting dish I've ever had in my life: shish (lamb) kebab! Man, the rich and complex taste of it juz explode in your mouth! Lol. I highly recommended that! I really enjoy the rest of the dishes too. All the lamb chops are really well seasoned, and I'm totally addicted to eating all the dishes with sour cream and wrapping them up with Lebanese bread!

The eating out/birthday celebration at Tarbush has been really memorable, and I sure wanna return there again! Apparently there's 2 other branch restaurants too, one of it in KLCC which Sidd claims to be much cheaper than the one we went... Guess I have to investigate myself to confirm if that's true... I guess I'll juz bring my parents along... They might come in handy... or at least, their money does! Hehe... >=)

No comments: