Sunday, February 22, 2004

CHOW KIT WALK

Went to KL with my bro, Shu Yin, and Ting Ying today. More specifically, the Jln Chow Kit area. Shu Yin, who have not drove a manual gear car for a long time, drove rather clumsily with my car there. The engine actually dided out 5 or more times at a toll plaza! Damn embarassing man! XD

We started out with Wesley Plaza, which turned out to be a bit disappointing. All the stuff there are SO old! Even the builiding and lifts looked as like some ancient archaelogical site or antiques. But I managed to get myself a couple of key chains for my new sets of keys, the apartment ones and my own set of house keys.

When going for lunch, I asked TY to recommend some good food around the area. She recommended a particular wantan mee place, and straight on we went there... Na, actually, the girls stopped by for some shopping... Kinda boring... Heehee... When we finally tried the noodles, I was delighted. IT REALLY IS GREAT!!! Not only the noodle itself, which has a very unique texture and taste, but the sui kao (dumplings, cuz i ordered dumpling noodles instead) and the soup are excellent too! I actually marked the place after lunch by remembering a few landmarks around it: Hong Leong Bank, Coffee Bean and Georgetown Chemist. I'm sure to return to that place soon! >=)

After shopping around for awhile, we finally reached the place I went all the way there for: S & M! I searched frantically for the DVDs I wanted: Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Panic... After much effort, I still returned empty-handed... I still have my doubts on Cowboy Bebop's subtitle quality, and there ain't no Full Metal Panic DVD series yet... Only available in VCD format, summore juz Chapter 1-4... Disappointing... <=( Guess I'll probably check out at AnimeTech next time...

But not everything is bad after all... My bro and I managed to buy the gool o' classic CRPG Fallout and Fallout 2! YAHOO!!! I'm dying to play Fallout again man! It's one of my fav childhood moments, playing that AWESOME game! Great story, memorable characters, and man, DAMN BLOODY VIOLENCE!!! Hahaha... The Fallout series must have been one of the bloodiest and goriest game ever made! And heck, is it fun to watch ur enemies melted from an alien blaster or got his head blows off by a sawed-off shotgun! Haha, I missed those days! Imagine I'm going to relive them again! Ohoo!!

After a great rush back home, I attended my grandma's dinner at Tai Thong. Man is the food delicious! The best chinese dining I've have for years! Let's hope that I'll get to eat more at that place in da future!

No comments: