Friday, April 23, 2004

THINGS THAT U CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND...


Ouch!


Can u believe this?! A woman was left with a pair of seven-inch-long scissors inside her abdomen after undergoing surgery in Sydney!!! The 69-year-old lady discovered about the scissors after having a colon operation!!! Of cuz she underwent a lot of pain, but when she mentioned it to the doctors, she was told the pain was part of her recovery from the surgery. The truth was not revealed until she demanded an X-ray 18 MONTHS later!!! Imagine carrying a scissor in ur abdomen for 1.5 year!!!

How can there be such a blunder, that a surgeon actually left a pair of 17cm-scissors in the woman's abdomen? Worse still, dun the nurses wonder about where a particular pair of scissors is missing to after the surgery? And even more unbelievable is that no action has been taken against the operation team after the truth is revealed! I say they shud all be fired man!

It's scary that a surgeon could have done such a huge blunder yet not be responsible for it... I could have laugh at it if the woman didn't went thru so much unimaginable pain. Let's hope I'll nv do something as stupid as that in my clinical training! Then again, the only bodies I get to cut open are dead ones, so I guess I'm quite safe... >=)

No comments: