Thursday, February 10, 2005

BEING HOST

This year's 初一 (1st day of Chinese New Year) is very different for our family as compared to those we have before all these years. Instead of visiting our relatives, we stayed at home all day long... as host! Actually, I could go around visiting instead of staying at home, but I'm feeling kinda lazy this year... Hehe... Ends up it's actually less tiring visiting relatives everywhere instead of playing host at ur own house!!!

At one time, my parents drove back their factory workers who visited us earlier... Before both my parents came back, different families of my relatives came, one after another. I was able to handle things at first, but when the guest number reached 25, all at my house at the same time, without my parents around chatting with them and such, I started to get really panicky... Heck, I dun even know half of them!!! Wat am I supposed to talk about? So I started walking all over, serving drinks and food and stuff, from the hall to the dining room to the kitchen and back again, occasional stopping by at the front door wondering when will my parents be back!!! Thank God they came back after 30 minutes or so...After staying downstairs for awhile, I "escaped" the crowd by watching The Godfather Part II upstairs in an air-con room. Phew~

Nv knew it's so hard to play host... I opt for visiting instead of playing host for next year's CNY!!!

No comments: