Saturday, August 28, 2004

ACCIDENTS UPON ACCIDENTS...

About a month ago, one of the workers in my dad's factory lost a small part of his flesh at the tip of his finger, and some minor fractures too, due to some accidents caused by the machine... About 1 month later, another accident happened. This time, one arm of a worker got crushed by the machine... but thank God, they still can fix it. His arm will still work in the future, thought it will probably be slightly misshapen...

And now, not 1 month after the 2nd incident, another accident occured... Heard the news while I was having my breakfast. Yet another worker got his hand crushed by the machine. I felt so sick... There have been only a few accidents after my dad started his factory about 5 years ago, and now, in the short span of 2 months, 3 grievious injuries have occurred!!! And worse... this time, nothing can be done to save his hand... I'm not very clear about the details, since my parents are juz too depressed to talk about it... But I heard that he lost all 5 fingers on 1 of his hand... Sigh...

Something really need to be done with the machines... It's really saddening and disturbing to know that so many have suffered permanently for their injuries. Heck, even my dad almost got his hand crushed once, but thank God that the machine was switched off in time. Still, that scar remains on his hand till this day... Well, I'll discuss with my parents when they're in a better mood... They dun seemed to wanna talk about it now...

No comments: