Tuesday, May 17, 2005

BEING AN UMPIRE!!!

Got a 30 minute crash course on how to be a badminton umpire today!!! Cool!!! And I also learn more about the badminton rules, after being both a linesman and later applies the skills I juz learn as an umpire too! Ok, this must have sound pretty common to many of u, but hey, it's my 1st time after all! >=)

Oh and I nv realized how much I've neglected my Sensing abilities until now! I actually have problem keeping track on who juz served and who's scoring and whether it's a service over or anything. Mind u, I know the rules and all, but it did take me an effort to recall and keep on track on the score developments... I'm juz so not good with figures!!!

I attended this competition thingie out of duty and obligation at first, but I must admit that I ended up enjoying all the excitements surrounding it! I gradually realize I'm falling more and more in love with badminton... It's such a simple but beautiful game, which involve all kinds of skills, from reflex to strength to control. And the rules are so very clear and uncomplicated. A truly beautiful sport indeed...

I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming matches!!! >=)

No comments: