Monday, May 23, 2005

MY BLOODY VALENTINE!



After months of desperation (& despair) for a new good music to listen to, I've finally found - My Bloody Valentine!!! Thanks a lot to Shannon Teoh and Jeremy Mahadevan who gave us the talk on Rock music a few weeks ago, I've finally discover another genre of music - Shoegazing! It's named so bcuz the artistes juz gaze at their shoes during their concerts, which is a total opposite of all the energetic performances from other rock bands! And guess who started the genre? It's none other than My Bloody Valentine themselves!

I really like how their music sounds so far... Shimmering distortions of the guitars, ethereal melodies, whispering vocals... All of them blend together to sound immensely beautiful. Well most good music seems to shine, theirs "glow" in a mysteriously soothing way. Think Enya with lots of guitar distortion in the background and whispers as vocals instead of her soaring voice. Man, nv have noise sounds so beautiful!

My Bloody Valentine has created an immensely intriguing and fascinating sound. I'm definitely hooked to them for the coming months! And now that I've finally include another band to my favourite artistes list, perhaps life will start to return back to normal for me. Yay, new stuff to try out!!! >=)

No comments: