Monday, March 08, 2004

THE BREAKING OF A TRADITION/ I SURVIVED!!!

Around midnight of the 7th of March 2004... the orientation of M1/04 (Medicine Intake 1/ Year 2004) was officially over! Wat a relief! My limbs are aching, my back hurts, and there are scratches and cuts all over my body. But it's finally over! And wat a memorable ending that was!

Variety Night on Friday nite was really fun... or at least for the beginning... Our group were busy having last minute practise for our sketch after 30 minutes into the event. I'm impressed by Jin Aun, our group's IMCC's performance. Gosh, she.. er, he really look like a girl in that dress! At least his figure! As if he's a supermodel or something! I'm dang disappointed when I found out he didn't make it to the finals... He got the look man! As for our sketch, Romeo and Juliet in Star Wars style, it turned out to be a success. The audience really enjoyed it from the laughters and cheers we've heard... And it's a shame we dun won the Best Sketch. Xena Warrior Princess Ballet Style won instead... But to give them credit, their fighting scene in ballet style is really dang funny! Beyonce (I forgot the guy's name) won the best IMCC that nite. She.. er, he reminded me perfectly of the "ah gua"s (tranvestite) I've seen in Thailand, and I'm really impressed by her.. er, his behaviour and actions. Seriously, he can pass as a girl!

We have telematch on Saturday morning. It's very clear that many juniors did not attend it (in fact, there's one group which have only one member attending... hilarious!!), and I dun blame them at all. I myself am very very tempted to skip it as well, after all the mess from the treasure hunt. I dun mind getting dirtied and ragged, but the CLEANING process is really exhausting, not to mention stinking and downright unpleasent. But I can't help but have this sense of duty to my group, and so there I was... It wasn't as messy as treasure hunt, but it's by far, the most painful of them all. All the cuts and bruises and abrasions and swelling... Worse still, it's held at Sri Petaling Field, and I have to drive my friends there AND back... When we're all muddy and messed up! My car is seriously dusty and muddy now... And I've yet to clean it up!

Then there's the BBQ Nite afterwards. Though I promised to help marinate the food on the evening, it turned out that I've slept straight for 4 hours after I returned from Telematch... Fearing I'm late, I rushed to IMU at once, only to find that everything barely started... The seniors soon demanded food from us juniors, and we got to prepare all the BBQ stuff for them... And some of them can be dang annoying at times. I mean, how can they demanded lamb to be on their table at once? Unless they're interested in having raw lamb for dinner. Idiots. It takes time to prepare a BBQ lamb, so be more patient while we busy preparing ur food while starve ourselves to dead u fools!!! Argh... Some of the poor girls (pretty ones) was constantly pestered by the seniors to bring them food. Hearing them constantly hollering their names for food really gets me annoyed...

When the seniors started to take pictures at the near end of the BBQ Nite, the juniors started to move out... Almost all of us have heard of the rumours on the horrible stink bomb throwing session, and none of us want to kena after so many days of mess. Our group left silently to Food Avenue too, along with our OOs. After having my very first bite of lamb steak in my life, I can't resist the temptation for having another piece not long after I reached Food Avenue. Risking the mess, I rushed back to the BBQ spot and prepare myself a lamb steak. When I realized that the seniors gonna start gathering the juniors soon, I ran back to Food Avenur with my barely cooked lamb...

It dun take long b4 one of the senior, Balwinder, asked us to return to the BBQ spot. He actually went as far as swearing that we won't get wet at all. Seeing him desperate for us to return, we gave in, and returned to the spot, fearful of being cheated... My was I shock at the number of juniors remaining. Of the 208 sem 1 students in IMU, less than 20 remain till the very end of orientation. The seniors asked us to gather at the middle of the basketball court, and I can see that some of them were very disappointed and pissed off by the juniors. They surrounded us, and told us to remember that very night, for a long and proud tradition of IMU Orientation has been broken by our batch. They brought out the stuff that were meant to be thrown upon us, and pass around a few of the stink bombs. I almost throw up merely be smelling the stuff they've prepared. It's a mixture of rubbish water, fish intestines and parts, spoiled milk etc, and have been fermented for 3 days or so. I can't imagine what will happed if they actually threw it on us...

Nevertheless, the orientation ended on a happy note, and we're no longer divided into seniors nor juniors. The alcohol drinking Boat Race came next, but I merely witnessed it of cuz. After helping the seniors cleaning up, I returned back to Vista I rest for the day.

No comments: