Friday, March 12, 2004

LIFE IN IMU THUS FAR...

Now that the orientation and induction week is over, classes in IMU officially started this week. We have 2 lectures every morning from 10.30am to 12.45pm, with a 15 minutes break in between. I kinda dislike the fact that our second lecture interrupted our lunch time, for I'm always feel starved halfway thru my 2nd lecture. Though the lectures only lasted for an hour each, they can covered a lot of content. For example, today's sole lecture, Lipid Metabolism, could easily be fitted to a 3 classes slot back in CPU days. I was loss halfway thru the lecture!

After the lectures, I usually have lunch on the rooftop, for the meals at Food Avenue at ground floor are too expensive (cheapest food cost RM 5!!!) I haven't have my own clique so far (I nv have one in my whole life as far as I can remember), and thus I always join with different ppl for my lunch. The seniors are quite friendly and helpful, but too bad we can hardly meet them all the time, since our lecture time slots differ. We students here get along pretty well, and I guess it's due to common interest and aim, for all of us (make that most) will become doctors in the future. Surprisingly, there aren't many nerdy ppl around IMU. I wonder why...

After lunch, I spent the rest of my day studying. Well, of cuz I take my dinner and relax myself by swimming or Net surfing from time to time, but most of my time is spent on studying. It may be dull to many, but frankly I'm fascinated by the wealth of knowledge I can squeeze out from the books in the library. And since Biology has always been my fav subject, the studies has been quite fun instead of tiring. If only the librarians here are more polite... Sigh... I guess u can have everything good...

I usually return to my apartment at around 10pm, and after a short bath, I'll probably read books or, if I still have the energy, scan thru briefly my lecture notes again. Man there's really loads of stuff to study... Luckily I enjoy reading them... Nv have I study so hard b4 in the past 12 years of studies in my life, since I always reserve my "hardwork" for last-minutes mad rush... But I guess no one can get into the Dean's List without sheer hardwork... And I seriously hope I can make it to the List!

So far, I still can't get used to sleeping without turning on the air cond. Among my apartment mates (or is the term house mates?) I'm the only who turn on the air cond almost every night... Can't help it, for the air in my room is juz too still! And the fan is making too much noise!!! Let's juz hope the electric bills won't be too high when it finally comes... I have to pay RM 1 for every 4 hours of air cond usage!

No comments: