Friday, March 26, 2004

MISSED UPDATES

Being very busy with my studies lately, dun have the chance to blog... So I'll juz cram all entries in this one!

Went to PJ Hilton with my aunt and cousin for a Japanese Buffet last Sunday. I was a bit worried about the food at 1st, since I always have a slight dislike on Japanese food. But since my cousin will be returning to Manipal soon, and this is a rare oppurtunity to experiece a foreign cuisine for free, I follow along. It turns out that it ain't that bad after all. Well, I'm still not used to Japanese food, but they're more edible than I thought! My favourites are tempura and salmon teriyaki (the melt-in-your-mouth sensation from the salmon is really memorable). Guess the price? RM 70 per person! Gosh! That's one of the most expensive meal I've ever had! But it definitely is a memorable meal!

* * * * * * * *


The indian librarian was unusually nice to me today... I was asking for a Netter's Atlas of the Human Body at the red-spot counter (books borrowed at this counter are not allowed to leave the library), and after she gave it to me, she asked me if I wanted one copy of the book that I could actually borrow out from the library. Since I see no loss in borrowing one, I replied yes. She told me to see her later when I'm returning the red spot book. Later, it turned out that someone has borrowed the book, and she told me that she'll reserved one for me the next time she got her hands on one. Juz a few minutes ago, she managed to get one, and walked all the way to me beside the computer to pass the book to me. Hmmm, I can't help wondering wat has cause this sudden change in her. She gives an impression of being an unpleasent women to many students here... Maybe bcuz I was a frequent library visitor (I spend more time in the library than anywhere else in the uni) and I usually returned the books to the shelves after I finish using them? I wonder... But it's a good thing, I guess.

* * * * * * * *


After about 4 lectures by 5 lectures from Dr. Reddy this week, I'm glad I won't have to see him again for quite some time. So far, he is my least favourite lecturer. He nv prepare any PowerPoint presentation, and juz speak all the time in his accent (He's from India). Well, it's kinda funny sometimes, how he pronounce spinal cord as spinal card, and cornea as carnea (we were so lost when he 1st pronouce those words!)... But wat is most annoying about him is his lecture notes... In fact, I dun think they deserved to be called notes... It's seriously incomplete and almost useless for some! I spent a lot of my time this week juz making my own notes! Hopefully there aren't anymore lecturers like him!

No comments: