Monday, September 06, 2004

FRANK THOUGHTS

Juz posted a LONG comment on Yee Pei's blog on the overall impression of Orientation M2/04. Since I've spend so much time writing down the comment, I figured I might as well post it in my blog as well. Here goes:

I dun think Treasure Hunt is "moderately" messed up. Eventhough I'm not an OO or SM, I was always with Group 9 when they go from station to station. The group was unhappy and frustrated over all the mistakes that forced us to run around the same places over and over again. Thaven's group was also very frustrated over the unfairness of the go-back-to-IMU-bcuz-it's-raining thing. Some of the groups continue on, and that gave them an unfair advantage.

Also, on Variety Night, the IMCCs ARE perverted man. IMHO, I think it's actually MORE perverted than the ones in our batch. I'm most disappointed at the questions for the IMCC. They're so explicit that the only answers they can give have to be sexual ones, and not to mention all the "show-us-how" stuff after they answered the questions... Damn sick. One of the juniors in group 9 sez it an eyesore and avoided watching the performances altogether!

Oh and another thing, I really really HATED that flying newspaper thing. Although some of their performances really suck, but do u guys think of their feelings when they've done their best preparing so much juz to get boo by the crowd? And I will personally like to strangle the one who shout to group 9 about walking faster in their South Park sketch. I can see that the idiot has no idea at all wat South Park is, and so do most of the crowd. Oh and someone pls shut that idiot LT up! He's an embarassment to us all!

And for Telematch, it's a good thing that u guys have made a trip back to IMU to check if all the juniors have arrived. But still, I think it's a big mistake to not have at least a committee member at IMU to direct or guide the juniors to reach the field, since most of them are a bit lost there, waiting. In the end, it was Chik Ian and another guy that helped us out!

As for Ice Breaker and BBQ Nite, I can't say much bcuz I'm not present then. The dresscode was quite impressive, and I really like the crativity of the new batch. But I really think the guys in cheongsams are cool la... Seriously, and that's not juz from me... Eerily, some guys actually look right in cheongsams! >=)

Whoa, soree for the long comment ya. Oh soree if I sound critical, but these are my honest thoughts about the orientation. Hope u dun get offended!

No comments: