Wednesday, September 01, 2004

THE PERSISTENT STRAIN

Everything seems fine in the first day of orientation. No extreme ragging, no humiliation, nothing. From wat I've seen today, many juniors have started to loosen up a bit, which is a good thing. Then there's this bunch of my batchmates who have juz finished their resit, who's well equiped with water guns to shoot at the juniors. Everything looks fine... Tim's group went to the table tennis room to have a discussion on the costumes they'll be wearing tomorrow... And THAT'S when I first notice it: A nightmare from the past.

Few of my batchmates kept on entering that place to ask for the IMCC, and even the whole group, to follow them out, without giving them any reasons. At 1st, Eve told asked them nicely to excuse them, since they're in a discussion now. They left peacefully. Fine. But things dun juz stop there. They kept coming in to ask for the IMCC to follow them out, using different ppl this time, though all of them are in the same gang. Eve can't tahan them and kena them badly... There's when I started to feel a bit uneasy...

Then, I joined Matt and Elena for a game of Settlers at the student lounge, and Jody was there to watch. A group of juniors approached Jody later for their signature hunt, and Jody kindly agreed to sign for them juz by listening to their cheer. And that's when that gang came in. After they got the signature, the gang ordered them to stand in a row in front of them, and I dun paid much attention to wat happened next, for I was really angry by then. I really hated their tone when they talked to the juniors, as if they are their superiors or something. I thought that this kinf of behavior has extinct, but I guess I'm wrong... A whole new generation of them has sprouted out of nowhere...

And all this while I thought that this orientation is gonna be fun and free of those horrors I experienced during my orientation... Thing are gonna get worse tomorrow during the treasure hunt tomorrow, that I'm sure of... I'll see wat I can do to help those poor juniors...

No comments: