Saturday, October 16, 2004

AS IF THINGS WEREN'T BAD ENOUGH...

As if things weren't bad enough, I've received yet another bad new juz an hour b4 the cheerleading event: I've failed my CPR Theory Exam. And here's the irony: I'm an active Red Cresent Member for 4 years, officially recognized as a basic first aider (which includes CPR), and have even taught others on CPR... And I failed my CPR Theory Exam! Shit, this is so illogical, it's almost hysterically funny. Now I have to pay RM 40 for the resit and waste more time on studying that instead of spending more time revising for my summative one which I need to catch up, since I've been SO involved in the cheerleading practise for the past 2 months!

Well, anyway, the cheerleading event was full of surprises. All of the performing cheerleaders were so good that I almost felt that ours was so so inferior in comparison. And juz b4 our batch's performance began, one of us got to nervous and ended up having cramps on her arms, fingers, legs, and all other parts of her body. The event was delayed for a few minutes bcuz of that, and the poor girl was unable to perform (imagine, after all the hours and hours of practise.... sigh...), but the show has to go on, so we performed without her. And being the blur person that I am, I made 2 mistakes... Once I actually forgotten where I should run to next, and the other one was when I was unable to life a girl up using my left leg, since I was kinda shaky then bcuz my right leg felt kinda cramped after all the rushed actions. But many ppl commented we did fine then, so I guess it's ok la... Not that we expected to win the event or anything... Heehee

And now that it's all over, there's this question that I need to ask myself: Do I enjoy the whole cheerleading thing? Do I regretted signing up for it? Well, the answers for both questions are both yes and no. When I signed up for it, I nv knew how much commitment and time this is going to cost me. For the last 2 weeks, we've been practising for like 5 hours everyday (excluding weekends). All my study plans have gone awry. I dun even have the time to read thru/ understanding the lecture notes I have that day once b4 I start the revising/ memorising part for the lectures I have weeks b4. Heck, I spend more time revising my stuff in sem 1 than now! And considering that sem 2's summative 1 is infamous for its failing rate... I'll be dead for sure unless I work very hard starting today! Last night's study effort after the IMU Cup closing ceremony was excellent, and I hope that the momentum will carry on throughout next week!

But though I have go thru a lot of stress and strain for the cheerleading practises, I can't say that I dun enjoy it. It was a fun experience... only problem was it took too much of my time. The satisfaction that I've done my small part for my batch felt good. So, will I join the next cheerleading in the next IMU Cup? Well, it depends, I guess. If the practises begin earlier and lasts about 2 hours everyday, I dun really mind. But if there are other guys who are willing to join and there's not enough space for all of us, than I'll be more than willing to back out. My priorities should always come 1st: God 1st, Studies 2nd, others followed after that. So, ya, we'll see how things go in a years time then!

Congrats to all the winners of the cheerleading events, and also to those who have performed and unfortunately didn't win the game! All of u guys did great! The last event of IMU Cup was explosive! Looking forward for the next IMU Cup!

No comments: