Saturday, October 16, 2004

MY 1st TRY OF ROJAK!

I planned to return to Klang right after the IMU Cup closing ceremony yesterday, but since that I've promised to drive my friend to SS 15 this morning, I stayed back at Vista for the night. I was surprised to see both Brandon and Yong Sian the next day, since I thought it was only Brandon who wanna go to SS 15 to settle some Broadband cancellation issues with Telekom. Missed the USJ turn when we drove towards Subang from IMU, and so we have to go thru lots of hassles and tolls to eventually reached SS 15... Argh...

And since I've already wasted so much time (and a little bit more money) for the ride, I decided to have lunch there at SS 15, and asked them if they could recommend me any good food around. Yong Sian asked if I like rojak... and I rather embarassingly told him that I've nv have rojak b4 in my life! He was kinda shocked and teased me a bit ("wat kind of Malaysian are u?!"), but I was really glad cuz he dun ended up OVER-teasing me for that, unlike some of my friends (u know who u r >=p), and he recommended a rojak truck stall opposite Shell station, juz next to Gazebo (another plave that I've yet to try out eventhough I've studied at Taylor's college for 1 year already, which is about 10 minutes walk away).

Since I've nv tried rojak b4, I ordered one which have everything in it, sotong, eggs, everything. And well... it's really good! I really like the mixture of hard crunchy texture along with the softer ones, although I can't really tell wat they actually are. The sauce is really good too, and apparently the rojak there is one of the best Yong Sian have tried. He also told me about another type of rojak too, which have fruits and black sauce instead... maybe I should try out myself someday! After the wondeful lunch, I dropped them at Club 7 and went back home. They invited me to join them, but I guess I'm much too worried bout my studies to enjoy a game of pool! Plus, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke!

On my way back home, I realized that eventhough I've learned from my friends about lots of different food that I have yet to try out, I'm not willing to try them out myself without my friends' company. It is as if I want to have my 1st try of different to be memorable, like my 1st try of rojak at SS 15, and my 1st try of the rotating Japanese food thingie (I wonder of they have a special term for that) with my secondary school friends during one of them's birthday (sheesh the grammer sounds so wrong). I guess I'm that kind of guys who really give thoughts on how to make a memory really cherishable!

This is one of the memories that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life. The 2 of them are such good companies, that it makes me feel a bit guilty that I dun spend more time mixing around with them in uni... Well, I guess that's 1 of the drawbacks u have when u got accepted into a clique... But I'm looking forward for more beautiful memories to be shaped! >=)

No comments: