Saturday, October 09, 2004

STRINGS OF DISAPPOINTMENT

Ever since last nite, I've suffered from a series of disappointment. My sis was unable to download an anime that I've at first hoped that I can watch rite after I came back from IMU. The DVD I bought from the pasar malam at Sri Petaling, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, is of a lower quality than that I've expected. Wanna download some extra anime episodes, but nothing seems to work. Wanna watch the Metallica MTV Icon TJ borrowed me, but I've left it at Vista...

N guess wat, more disappointment today. Watched Eternal Sunshine, and although the visual quality isn't that good, it's passable... but the subtitle seriously is a joke. I watched the movie once b4, but I can hardly hear anything they say due to the poor audio quality. Turns out the DVD is juz as bad. Drove out to Klang Parade to buy some stuff for my sis' party tonight (I'm in charged of the games). It was only then I realized that a fren of mine has sms me to call him when I reach Sunway Pyramid. We planned to watch Resident Evil 2 since early this week, and I was really looking forward to it...

So I replied and asked wat time will the movie begins... Guess wat's the reply? It was 12.55pm then already, and he replied that the movie will begin at 1.10pm! He juz told me earlier to be at Pyramid at 2pm! I was so shocked when I read the msg that I'm stunned for awhile, sitting in my car, not believing wat I've juz read. I called him immediately, and he told me that another friend of mine was supposed to tell me about the change of time. I immediately called that guy next, and he told me to come at once, so he can passed me the ticket eventhough the movie probably will have begun by then. I told him there's no point of doing that, since by the time I reached there, the movie will probably end in 30 minutes time already...

Wat he said next seriously pissed me off: Too bad lo...

I was crushingly disappointed when I realized that I'm gonna miss the entire outing, but to know that he doesn't sympatise to me at all really angers me. I cut off the call and drove back with a really foul mood. I dun mind if there's a miscommunication, and therefore the entire thing is an accident. But to know that whether u being there or not doesn't affect a friend of urs at all is... bitterly disappointing. Yes, I know I demand a lot from my friendship with others, but that's only bcuz I do the same to them: I truly really seriously desire nothing but true authentic friendships with my friends... I've done all I can on my part, but to see so little response from most of my friends is... <=( And something inside my head kept on talking as I sit around sulking, waiting for my take away lunch: guess wat thom u're left out again like so many times before from countless ppl and u know wat i think this will go on for the rest of ur life and there's absolutely nothing u can do to change ur pathetic state u have only urself to blame for being so outlandishly odd and eccentric so why dun u juz go fly kite bla bla bla...

Paranoia paranoia...

But I guess I'll juz look at the bright side la... Now that I'm really mad, I can actually focus my attention on something... Maybe I'll juz spend my anger on studying my lecture notes then... I'm quite sure that it will work...

And dun be so down and moody Thom... There's still tonight's party to look forward to! Juz hope that the kids won't bully me for being a Mr. Nice Guy!

P.S. I'm still kinda frustarted on the restraints on posting up names... after all, this is my space of expression... but I guess it's better than starting up yet another conflict.

No comments: