Friday, May 21, 2004

ANALYSIS ON SUMMATIVE ONE RESULTS

1st, the data:

114 'A' = 54.81%
38 'A-' = 18.36%
18 'B+' = 8.65%
15 'B' = 7.21%
-------------------------------------
15 'B-' = 7.21%
3 'C+' = 1.44%
3 'C' = 1.44%
0 'C-' = 0%
1 'D+' = 0.48%
0 'D' = 0%
1 'F' = 0.48%

Total = 208


Alrite... Now, the analysis. In my opinion, the summative one test is too easy. I know I sound proud, but that is an honest fact. The standard is too low. In fact, my finals at CPU is even harder than this, even after tips were given to us then. I was very disappointed at the difficulty level, bcuz I know that I've spend a lot of time on revising the whole thing, yet the questions that camme out are so basic, it felt almost as if I was in a too-good-to-be-true dream, nothiing more.

And yet... the passing rate is 88.94%. Many ppl, espeacially seniors, commented that the result was abnormally good. But to be honest, I dun really think so. Earlier, I kinda expected that none of us will fail... well, alrite, there are always a few 'surprises', but 23 ppl (11.06%) failing is juz too... disappointing. Anyone who actually make an effort to complete his/her revision on all the lecture notes at least once will easily get a 'B', at the very minimum. So my conclusion is that too many of us still has the "last minute study" syndrome, and I guess many of us realized (too late) that there's not enough time to cover all the topics.

The over-easiness of the test could only mean 2 things: future tests will be juz as easy (highly doubtful), or the difficulty level will be gradually increased (most probable). And therefore, I predict taht there will be a shift on the graph to the right, i.e. less ppl will pass and more will fail. The number of 'A's and 'A-'s will certainly drop, as compared to the overly high 73.08% now (54.81% A, 18.36% A-). Why I say so? Bcuz many of us will be disillusion by how easy the tests will be, due to the influence of the 1st summative. Therefore the 1st summative is not a good benchmark at all, and ones need to work harder than the 1st summative in order to maintain that 'A'...

Well... Can I still get an 'A' for my next summative. Man I seriously hope I could... But I seriously need to work harder and repeat my revisions more often. I repeat twice in the 1st half of the semester, and I found that it was still not enough for me to remember. I'll attempt to repeat thrice for my revision for the 2nd summative and see if this is more effective. Then there's still the End of Semester test to think about... But I guess that's a worry for another time! >=)

No comments: