Saturday, May 08, 2004

DISAPPOINTING

Juz came back from MidValley after watching Hellboy (or "Super Sapiens" in M'sia... stupid title) with the SOS... Well, I must say that I'm very disapointed at it. We initially planned to watch Van Helsing, but due to some problems, we have to switch to Hellboy. I dunno about the others, but it was one of the worst movie I've watched in a cinema. The only other bad movie I've watch in cinema (at least from wat I can remember now) is Spiderman. Coincidentally, both are about comic superheroes... Well, I guess these superheroes are meant to exist only in comic books or animated series (like the excellent X-Men series I'm so fond of). For those of u who plan to go watch that awful show... my advice: Forget it, or u'll regret later.

The show was bad enough, but more dissapointment is to come. It is my habit to always return home from a shopping centre with at least an item bought, i.e. nv to return empty handed... So there I was, searching frantically for the VCD I've been so desperate for: Memento!!! But I guess I juz dun have any luck on that title... Search far and wide for it, but still can't get it. Also due to time constraint (EV has to return to teach Taekwondo and I have to be home for a dinner with my grandma), I can't really search all the video stores in MidValley... Sigh... Well, if any of u know where I can get my hands on that VCD/ pirated DVD, pls tell me!!! This is how the cover looks like:



In case any of u are interested to know wat the movie is about (or at least some hints of it), click here.

Went to Lake Garden for a picnic with my CG members from our batch and sem 3... Heck it was a long long traffic jam b4 we arrived there... And due to the unfortunate occurence, we only have precious little time for intro, fellowship, games, and worship there... But there's a surprise at the end of the picnic, as unintentional as it was... I was playing around with EV's basketball (she calls it her boyfriend... sad sad) when the ball got shot off and roll to... the lake!!! I tried to stop it, but was... well, unsuccessful...

Thus began a grand cooperative effort to retrieve the floating ball on the middle of the pond (the ducks there are cute) by all means possible. We've tried creating waves with a wood plank, throw stones and soil near the ball to start a ripple in hope that the ball will float closer to the shore, and using the plank to bring the ball coser to shore... After much sweat and splashes of muddy water on our attire, we managed to retrieve the ball. I was very relieved then, but also so embarassed of myself that I feel like hiding my head in the soil!!! I guess that wherever I go, troubles are sure to follow... Sigh... Better luck next time, Thom!

No comments: