Saturday, May 29, 2004

FORM 5 REUNION PARTY

The Form 5A reunion party held yesterday was unexpectedly excellent. Well, at least it is to me. Last year's was more fun to most of us, since we have a karaoke session after the BBQ dinner. We have steamboat this time. At 1st I thought it wasn't a really good idea, since BBQ party has always been the popular choice. But I think I ended being the one who ate the most! Hahaha... Many have came, but still, I can't help but noticed some of my ex-classmates who dun turned out that night, and I must say I'm kinda disappointed at that... But still I'm glad for those that came.

Wat's different from last year this time around was that we dun have any karaoke session this time. And to be frank, I'm thankful for that. I'm always left out during all karaoke sessions, bcuz I juz lack the courage to actually sing on a mike. Furthermore, they always sing Cantonese or Mandarin songs, which I rarely listen to. We have much more talking this time, and it's really nice to know how are my friends faring in their studies now. Oh, even our class teacher came, along with her children! But I nv talked much to her though... Kinda worried if she'll mentioned whether I was as lazy as I was b4 now (I used to skip all her homework)... Now that'll be very embarassing! Hahaha...

One change that I've noticed about myself during the party was that my socializing skills have improved much since last year. I was seriously left out last year, and ended up feeling a bit lonely and depressed when I shud have been enjoying myself. I used to be the outcast of the class in my form 4 and 5 years, probably due to my unconventional (and probably annoying) nature... But I successfully mingled with different ppl this time, except among the guys of cuz... I still can't force myself to "sink to their level". I dun mean to be offensive, but most of them are seriously a bunch of immature buffoon who can't stop crapping and talking all sorts of brainless nonsense. Worse still, few of them actually even acknowledge my presence there. I mean, as unlovely as they are, I'm still mildly happy and excited to see my fellow ex-classmates, but that clearly wasn't wat they felt about me. Sigh...

Nevertheless, I wanna thank my dear friend Lance again for improving my socializing skills. Can't imagine where I am today without his help during my college days! Man I miss college life...

Oh ya, I'm also glad I didn't choose the path of taking STPM earlier, as economic as it is. Most of the teachers at Klang High School (Where all of the Form 6 ppl there are studying now) are practically useless, and they leave a life of supression and limited freedom. Imagine this: 14 students from 1 of my friends' class kena gantung sekolah for leaving the school after they finished their exams. Problem is, it's the school rule to be at school until the bell rang, whether there's test or not. Worse, few of them were called "prostitutes" by the headmasters juz bcuz of their hair (which wasn't really that bad after all). They suspected (understatement here) that the headmaster did this out of pure racism. I seriously pity those poor fellas... And incredibly glad that I've chosen a better path!

I left the place around 11, when it started to rain. Came home to watch Record of Lodoss War which I bought from AnimeTech at Pyramid after Shrek 2 with Jody and the SOS (Social Outcast Society for the uninitiated). The 1st 2 episodes are promising, and I'm looking forward to watch the rest of the show. As for Shrek 2, it was my 2nd watching of the show, and I still think (a very unpopular opinion) that the sequel pales in comparison to the original Shrek. I know, there's more gags in the 2nd movie, but it seemed forceful to me. Furthermore, it felt like less of an adventure and more of a gags-ridden show whereby the story is merely a bridge between all the silly jokes. Also, there's juz too many references/parody of other movies/real life events that the movie felt saturated with them. Sad sad... It has so much potential to be a memorable show...

Seems that the only sequels that are actually equal or better than the original to me are juz Toy Story 2 and Terminator 2: Judgement Day... Then again, I haven't watch the Godfather Trilogy! Hope I can get my hands on that soon!

No comments: