Tuesday, May 25, 2004

PARENTS HIRE PIs TO SPY ON KIDS

I juz saw a very interesting news article in the library, and also found an identical one in the Net. In many ways, I see the benefits of these monitoring and surveillance, and yet, I can't help but feel that it's kinda unfair to the kids/teenagers. I mean, all of us want our privacy and expect others to respect it. Furthermore, the monitoring responsibility should be solely on the parents, and not on hiring others! Won't all these hiring estrangled the parents-teenagers relationship? Not to mention the lack of trust on the parents' part!

And yet... Parents can also have a better idea if their children are undergoing any troubles or stress. They can also prevent tragic events from happening if their children refused to share their problems with them, or tell them the truth. This new phenomenon certainly is a very interesting 1. Who knows, it might become a trend and slowly becoming a very profitable (even beneficial to society) business.

Btw, more and more ppl in IMU have started their own blogs. I also recently discovered that many of my friends actually have their own blogs. Here are some of the blogs that I will soon link up from my blog: Matthew, Jody, Shi Ching, Elena, and Melissa. Guys, now that I have mentioned u all, do link me up from ur blogs too ya! >=)

No comments: