Saturday, July 24, 2004

FAV QUOTES FROM MEMENTO

I've posted an entry for my fav quotes from The Silence of The Lambs b4, and since that Christabel has posted her fav quotes from Memento on her blog, I figured that I should do the same on mine. After all, Memento has some memorable quotes:

Teddy: Was he scared?
Leonard: Yeah, I think it was your sinister moustache.

Natalie: What's the last thing that you do remember?
Leonard: My wife...
Natalie: That's sweet.
Leonard: ...dying.

Leonard: Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.

Leonard: Memory's unreliable. No no no, really. Memory's not perfect; it's not even that good. Ask the police. Eyewitness testimony is unreliable. Cops don't catch a killer by sitting around remembering stuff. They collect facts, they make notes, and they draw conclusions. Facts, not memories. That's how you investigate. I know. It's what I used to do. Look, memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.

Leonard: So how... how can I heal? How am I supposed to heal if I can't... feel time?

Natalie: Is that what your little note says? It must be hard living your life off a couple of scraps of paper. You mix your laundry list with your grocery list you'll end up eating your underwear for breakfast.

Leonard: These tracks are just a few days old.
Teddy: What are you, Pocahontas?

Leonard: I can't remember to forget you.

And the best line:

Leonard: I don't feel... drunk...

No comments: