Wednesday, July 21, 2004

HOLIDAYS CAN BE SO DULL

Man... 1 week has barely pass since the finals, I've already started to dislike the boring holiday. Juz spent my entire day sleeping, watching anime, sleeping, reading, sleeping, eating, sleeping... U get the picture. Well, the camp was fun, Memento and Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door are a joy to watch, but still, I spent most of my holiday... wasting my time. Got lost on my way to MidValley and coming back from there yesterday... Man it was one crazy ride with Bouncer in my car... Nv knew he can be so blur when it comes to direction... Sheesh...  
 



 
Anyway, I'm really glad that I've finally found the DVD I've been searching so long for: Memento. Watching it for the 2nd time, I was surprised that the movie still has the power to shock me. And I nv realized it was so twisted in my 1st watch of it... And I really mean that it is seriously twisted. I actually felt sick and slightly nauseous when the movie finally ends, and there's a knotlike-feeling in my stomach... Still, I most definitely will watch it again... There are some parts that still dun really makes much sense to me, thanks to its insane narrative structure of that butcher all sense of time. 


 
As for Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knocking on Heaven's Door... I must say that I'm really impressed, though it took me quite some time to adjust excessive use of CG animation in the movie. Well, I always prefer traditional water painting over any computer animation, but still, some of the effects are gorgeous to behold. The attention to details are incredible, but can be really tiring to the eyes at times. The fight scenes are the reason why I bought the DVD, and man can Spike kick ass!! And the whole movie juz simply ooze with style!! Watching the whole thing was a great 2 hour well-spent! But it's only 2 hours long... until the holidays... almost infinite... Sigh...
 
Man, I hope all this boredom will end soon!!!

No comments: