Tuesday, January 13, 2004

VISIT TO INSTITUT JANTUNG NEGARA

Followed my uncle to bring my grandma to Institut Jantung Negara at KL for an appointment with a doctor... When I realized that we were using the same road (Puchong-Damansara Expressway) as the one I used to go to Ikea juz 2 days ago, I know traffic jam was sure to happen. Turns out it's worse than I expected... It took us nearly 2 hours juz to reach KL, instead of the usual 30-45 minutes... Crazy man. The road is jammed all the way!

By the time I reached the institute, I was filled with disappointment... I have always imagined the institute to be a huge place, white white ceiling and bright lightings and that lovely smell of medicine (lovely at least to me =P), complete with hi-tech equipment... It turns out to be nothing like that... It's small, and looked more like an office than a hospital. The corridor was incredibly narrow too, and as usual, the administration department was slow and inefficient. Not that I blame them for not feeling motivated, since that their jobs are so so dull... But still, the place could have been planned better...

The meeting with the doctor was quite interesting. He was so... rushed. The way he talks, the way he walks, the way he slammed the door and pulled the curtains roughly. It's as if he has not a second to lose. Also, he's very commanding. He orders his assistant and the hospital workers around authoritatively. He even scheduled an ultrasound appointment after knowing that we can't secure a time. They followed his order as issued. Hahaha... I'm trying to imagine myself 10 years from now, how would I be like, as a doctor? Hmmmm, I wonder...

I was exhausted by the time I went home... Left home at 7.30am, back at 11am. Tired...

No comments: