Sunday, November 16, 2003

DISCOVERY AND OPPUTUNITY IN CG

No wonder Ley Ching has been acting so strangely... she always "burst" once in a while over issues that are generally agreed upon by all of us CG members... She's still a free thinker! Funny that no one mentions it, and none who knew... We have always thought she has already accepted Christ... Bro. Voon Horn was talking with her when I heard it straight from her mouth... When I asked her if she knew about the gospel/ Good News and she told me no, I was seriously surprised. She siad she attended church sermons and functions b4, but those certainly ain't of any use if she dunno anything about salvation!

So there it came... The oppurtunity for evangelism. I hesitated, since I'm not well-prepared for it, and I figured that bro. Voon Horn is a more matured Christian... But he told me that this is an oppurtunity for me to do the Great Commission, and if I dun grasp it now, I will lose this oppurtunity... And I remembered my failure of sharing the gospel in the past... and also my previous lesson on missing oppurtunities (ASHA!!)... So I go headlong and discuss on Christ and the significnce of his death, resurrection and salvation to her... I'm very glad indeed that I am fulfilling my obligation.

Seems that she still see Christianity as juz a religion among other religions (which is why I hate the word religion). She also mentioned that she sees no need of salvation through Christ. Well, I've did my part. The decision is up to her, for I honour a person's choices juz like God. But I will follow up with her in the coming CGs... I'm also planning to send a prayer request for her to all my CG members... I also remind all of us to pay more attention to all CG members and not juz among cliques when having fellowship...





Bought Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection on Wednesday, and have watched it twice. Once in English subtitle, then in Chinese subtitle... Funny that the English subtitle is always inferior... Really bad... Here's an example: "I dreamt about my first meeting with him until we are together." We are together? Wat does she mean? Together as in staying together? Traveling together? It all became clear when I watch it in the Chinese subtitle. "I dreamt about our first meeting until we are married." Ah... That makes much more sense! There are others still, but I dun wanna spoil anything...

I dun like the artwork... The 1st OVA, Remembrance, has gorgeous water-based artwork, but the 2nd one that I'm watching is more comic-ish... Rough lines, slightly blocky movement... The music is nice, but not as stirring as the 1st OVA. Nonetheless, it's a great finale to a great series... Very sad, very beautiful, heartbreaking... Sigh... In fact, I'm so touched and saddened by it, I can't wait till AXN broadcast the series again! My sis has the series in VCDs, but they're all in Cantonese dubbing, which really suck and is a pure killjoy. Not as bad as the Malay dubbing for Slamdunk though... That one is hopeless... But I'm so used to Kenshin's slightly girlish voice that I can't accept the Cantonese dub.

Please AXN, replay Rurouni Kenshin!!!

No comments: