Saturday, December 13, 2003

BUSTED!!!

Imagine this... Me and my family went to the Kampung place at Berkeley Garden, and a pirated VCD/DVD seller approached me. I asked for the DVD folder, and I flipped through it, searching for any DVD of interest... A while later I noticed a malay approach the guy and give a light slap on the back, but I dun really took much notice of it. If I did think more about it, I'll realize it's weird... Cuz that place dun sell halal food. Suddenly, a stranger grab lightly on my wrist, and fear gripped me in that fraction of a second.

I raised up my head, and saw that it's also a malay guy, in his middle age. He said he's a police, and showed us his ID, and a few other guys behind him. Then he asked me for my IC. My mum looked stunned, and later she told me that she feared they gonna arrest me or sumthing. But knowing that looking through pirated VCDs/DVDs ain't ILLEGAL, I asked back, "What for?" He replied, "The DVD folder was urs, rite?" "Heck no!" "Then whose is that?" "That guy over there!" After that they juz ignored me and arrest that vendor. I instantly felt relieved, but was alert all the time, until I went home safely without getting arrested... Heehee

I guess the cops thought I was a pirated VCD/DVD vendor too, selling the goods to my family. I guess the clothes I'm wearing was a bit out of place, and therefore suspicious... I was still wearing the long sleeves shirt I wore to the CPU graduation! I must have look like a salesman indeed! Lol. Well, gotta wear plainer clothes to eat next time! =D

Well, it's a relief that nothing bad happened. Guess I'll be more careful buying all these pirated stuff in the future...

No comments: