Tuesday, December 09, 2003

PROM NITE

The prom nite has came and gone yesterday... Well, it's ok I guess, but not as fun as I hope it could be... Went to Sebastian's house at SS18/1 by my dad's car. It dun take long b4 I realized Sebastian has given the wrong directions to his house... It's on the opposite dierections! Not "right"s, but "left"s!! Then, went to Palace of the Golden Horses with Sebastian in his dad's car... Stucked in a traffic jam, but thank God it's not too bad... But ended up we arrived too early... 6.20pm, 40 minutes b4 the official starting time (the real starting time was 8pm)!

So we lepak around and try to find our friends... I'm a bit worried when most of the guys turned out in suits and tux... I'm juz wearing a simple maroon long-sleeves shirt, and bright orange tie, a newly bought.. wat u call that? pants? and a pair of black leather shoes (my dad's), which I juz bought a few hors b4 the prom (I nv wear formal clothes until I started teaching during the semester break, horribly uncomfortable). Man luckily there a guys who dun even wear a tie... Guess I ain't that, er, odd then...

As for the girls... one word: WOW... They have so much make-up that I can't recognize many of them! New hairstyle, fancy dress, shiny jewelerries... They're so... different from usual! Anna's red dress is gorgeous! Reminded me of Nicole Kidman! Oh and Yun Min gave me the biggest shock! She look so AWESOME in her black dress and quirky hair! GORGEOUS! As for the guy, Jonathan's dreadlock hair really stands out!

Now, the food... A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT... I dunno about others, but to me, food is the most important part of the prom... Not that the food is not good, but it's too... simple... Totally unlike a 5-star hotel's standard. Come on, plain rice, Hokkien mee, Mushrooms, cakes, breads? That's SO plain!!! I would rather pay more to have a more enjoyable meal! As for the performance, it ranged from amusing to impressive to downrite cool. Vespertine performance was moderately good, but it was rapping part that blows me off. Oh, Avinash and Vinod also mentioned... wat izzit again? Box-beating or sumthing... Real cool stuff! They're like orchetrating a song by just using their mouth! And the breakdancing was cool too!

In between the performances, I went out to take pictures with my fellow CPU friends. I was surprised early to see so many ppl left the ballroom earlier, so I juz followed them out. It was crowded outside! Ppl taking pictures everywhere! We really spent a good time snapping pictures then... Ironic that that was actually the best part of the prom! Then came the dancing... At first, I can't help but hesitate whether should I join in the dancefloor... Then I slowly get "infected" by all the beats and rhythm... As I slowly approach the dancefloor, I tried to dance... but I dunno how! I was like, shaking my hands, shaking my head, shaking my legs... but dunno how to shake my body! Lol... Guess I was juz too self-concious... That has also stopped me from playing basketball... Sigh...

Well, went back earlier with Sebastian by taxi. B4 that, we hanged around the lobby waiting for the taxi. I get to know a friend of Sebastian there from A-Levels. He juz introduced himself as Hui. We have a nice chat, and I'm pleasently surprised that he is also interested in studying at IMU in the future. Too bad I dun ask for his contact b4 I left... Wat a waste... Hopefully we'll meet again soon!

By the time I was back home, it's already 1.00 am... And I'll soon realize my stomach problem is returning again... The pain... Sigh...

No comments: