Monday, December 01, 2003

DETHRONED!

NO!!! I can't stand this!!! Someone in period 3 or 6 Bio class got 99% for Bio... Higher than me!!! I'm dethroned!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!! But how can that be?! I've nv heard of any Alexis by for the whole year, and now she juz pops out of nowhere and get 99 for Bio? Impossible! There must be some mistake... Man, why must she dash my last and final hope of getting the highest mark for once in my life?! But then, it can't be possible... Must be some mistake... So I look at the score list...

And it turns out I might be right... Cuz Mrs Lim seemed to forget to add Test 1 and 2 into the average!! It cannot be possible that I've heard nothing from her b4, and then suddenly pops out with a 99, 1 mark more than me! Juz let me get the highest once, ok, girl? U can get the highest for all the subjetcs but leave that to me!!! AAAAHHHHH!!! I'm going to bug Mrs Joanne for this!



Bought the pirated vcd of Mystic River after I heard that it's likely to snatch the Best Picture category for the Oscar (and thus a big contender for The Return of the King). I figured that I should check it out since good movies are incredibly rare and I figured I might as well enjoy one of them... The quality of the vcd is horrible, but I watch it anyway... All those stuff that I've missed out, I check on Internet forums...

How's the movie? It's so horribly bleak and tragic and full of hopelessness and despair that I can never enjoy it, eventhough the cast are excellent... Sean Penn overact though... He's trying so hard to be convincing that his acting become too dramatic and intense and thus felt fake... But I'm pleasently surprise with Kevin Bacon... Nv seen him as a good actor, but his acting in this one surely did give me a deep impression... But I guess the main reason I dislike the movie is bcos of the ending, where Justice is not done... Hate it for that. Hopefully Mystic River won't win the Oscar... I hate to see that...

As for now, I'm looking forward to Master and Commander (rave reviews), The Last Samurai (rave reviews too), and of course, The Return of the King! I certainly hope RoTK could garner the Best Picture award! But at the same time I'm incredibly worry about it... In my opinion, director Peter Jackson totally messed up The Two Towers last year (the theatrical version, at least).

I've already heard (sources confirmed) that PJ will cut off at least two key scenes vital for character development, The Voice of Saruman and The Houses of Healing (I really feel like killing him for that)... He's chopping story and character depth away for the sake of actions and actions and ACTIONS... But for ppl who want action in RoTK, they will get more than wat they want... The action scenes in RoTK will probably blow them away... As for me, I'll sing a lament under the heavy rain over the mutilation of RoTK...

Rain down, rain down/ Come on rain down on me.../ From a great height/ From a great heaaaaaaaaa...

No comments: