Friday, December 12, 2003

SERIAL EXPERIMENT LAIN



My... How can so much ideas get stuffed into a 13 episodes, 5 hours anime? Gosh... It's amazing! I have high expectation when I bought this anime, cuz it has rave reviews... It didn't turn out as I expected... It's better!

I love the artwork and the music (Duvet by Boa is very catchy!). I really love how the series forced me to think, and how it warped my view on the Internet forever. As for the characters, well, they aren't consturcted in great detail... but the enigmatic nature of all of them solve the dilemma! Lain is espeacially captivating and attenion-grabbing. No, she's not a hot sexy babe or a femme fatale most anime have, but a introverted 13-year-old. Yet, as the series progress, I can't help but symphatize with her, eventhough she is really distant and cynical at times.

The series started out really really slow, and dun seemed to make much sense at all... Not until episode 9 or so... Then everything falls together and things starts to make sense... I espeacially love the confrontation scene at episode 12, but kinda disappointed that there ain't any climatic showdown at the end of the series, but a neat tie. But well, it's an interesting ending too!

I can't really say much about how great the anime is! Truly, it has to be experienced, not explained! I'm really glad I've bought this series, and I'll definitely watch it again! There's juz so much infomation overflowing from the series, I probably missed out some!

No comments: