Monday, December 22, 2003

EVENTS SURROUNDING THE WATCHING OF ROTK

Well, since I shared the PC with my bro yesterday, I can't post than comments on the movie. Well, quite some things happened surrounding the events, good and bad. Let me start with the bad ones 1st...

After I knew I've been accepted to IMU, I think of throwing a party. I contacted an old friend of mine at secondary skool, and asked if he is interested to watch RoTK on Sunday b4 or after a meal at a fast food restaurant in the shopping mall itself, with a gang of friends, of course. Turns out that he already has bought the tickets to watch with his friends. Well, since my cousin and her siblings wanna watch too, I took them all, along with my sis, to watch too. Coincidentally, we watch the same showing.

Arriving at the shopping mall earlier, I left the kids at the bookstore, and explore around the mall to find my friends... to no avail. I only met them when we're entering the cinema... and their reactions were awfully disappointing. I was so eager and glad when I've spotted them, friends that I haven't meet for a year... But their reaction was cold at best. They show no interest on knowing how am I now, and heck, one of them dun even looked at me but busying buying her ice-cream! Man... luckily I dun invited them to a party or sumthing... I'll be the invisible man there!

I'm not sure what's the problem here. Maybe it's just as a friend of mine said, that I'm a loyal friend. I'm not one that become good friends easily with others, but once they are my friends, they are for life. I guess I'm too loyal... wait... is there such things as too loyal? Sigh... they've already let go off the past... Maybe I should to... I'll really think hard b4 I attend the next so-called reunion party...

Now for the good ones. The reactions of the movie audience have always been amusing to me. RoTK is one of the most amusing yet. The audience really get sucked into the movie. Throughout the show, I can see that the audience has truly become attached to the characters and even Middle Earth itself. When Shelob was stalking at Frodo, the guy in front of man actually gasp and shout out a warning to Frodo... Lol. Exclamation and nervous squeel can be heard all da time. I even heard whispers of awe and pity. Well, for me (and others as well, I believe), I cried. Seriously. Not sobbing, but I do have tears in my eyes. Well, I dun feel as sad as when I read the book, but the emotional impact is seriously powerful in RoTK. To say more is to spoil the movie, so I won't say who I cried for. :p

The other interesting thing to note is that I noticed no audience within my sight (I'm at the 3rd last row, so I can see quite a big part of the audience) went to the toilet throughout the show, which was 3 hours and 20 minutes long! That's a great achievement! =D It's amazing how the audience is so captivated by the movie that no one wants to miss anything! Cluedos to PJ! (I'm really sick of my ambivalent attitude to PJ... brrrrrr).

Well, that's all for now. Gotta leave for MidValley soon. >=)

No comments: