Monday, June 14, 2004

ANIME, ANIME, & ANIME!!!

I juz spent the last couple of hours reading all the reviews and forum of a yet another cool anime website that I've found juz yesterday, Point Blank: Concise & to the Point. It's amazing to read all the discussions the anime fans are having, for I juz can't get enough anime fans around me to start a discussion, bcuz:

1. Our taste in anime varies.

2. Our conclusions are so vastly different, there's no focus at all. Serial Experiment Lain is the best example in this.

3. There are juz SO FEW anime fans in M'sia!!! Matt certainly is right. We are a retarded nation!!! Anime has gotta be the best media available to us, and so many of us are so ignorant of it!!! Dun believe me? Juz ask around. Wat do ppl think of anime? I can almost guarantee u that most of them who has nv watched anime b4 will say that it's full of violent crap and sexual perversions etc etc. Argh, such ignorance and prejudice!!!

Anyway, I'm glad to find that I'm not the only few fans of Cowboy Bebop (considering that both TJ and James his friend dun really rank Cowboy Bebop very high). To me, it's the most stylish anime out there, and wat's better, it has plenty of good materials and substance to support it (Kinda like the 1st Matrix movie: stylish, with brains). ALthough the my favourite fictional character is not in it, Cowboy Bebop still has the best overall cast. Each and every one of the main characters: Spike, Jet, Faye, Ed, Ein, Julia, & Vicious have sufficient back story or interesting traits and personality to make u feel attached to them. Which is why the ending is so saddening to me (I will spoil no more!!!) Oh, not to mention the EXCELLENT music. No compliments will do it justice. Yoko Kono is nothing less than a GENIUS, and the music can only be described as PERFECT.

The forum of that website also helped me in my selection of soon-to-be-bought anime titles. Previously, I always refered to the few anime review sites that I have linked from my blog b4 I make a decision to buy the costly anime titles. Although I'm glad that most of the anime I bought are as good as the reviewers claimed, there are a few (Vision of Escaflowne & Record of Lodoss War) that I think is good, but not worth the tremendous amount of money I've invested into. Now that there's actually lots of ppl discussing about the titles in the forum, I can get a wider perspective of the anime I have in mind to buy.

And now, I've reached to my conclusion: The next anime DVDs that I will buy are... Cowboy Bebop The Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, & Trigun!!! >=)

No comments: