Thursday, June 03, 2004

SPORTY DAY

Man I'm tired... Went all the way to Taman Megah, PJ to play badminton with the SOS + Eugene, Sarah, and Wei Ming rite after lecture and lunch, then after I returned to IMU, went to the Bukit Jalil Aquatic Centre... And now I'm in the library, trying to finish up revising today's lecture AND earlier lectures, since Summative is coming... Blegh...

I started on the badminton game in a very bad mood, for I seriously really longed to swim at an Olympic-sized swimming pool, or at least 1 that is close to that. Having missed last week's session, I made up my mind that I will let nothing stop me from swimming there. But when I finally try out playing it... I still suck. Hahaha... Espeacially when it's my turn to service, since I can't even hit the shuttlecock sometimes! But I can see that I've improved since the last time I played it (which is like a decade ago...), although I have no idea why... I suspect that if I start practising now, I may actually improve my badminton skills to an acceptable level (i.e. not embarassing myself in front of everyone). Well, maybe during the holidays la~~

Rushed back to IMU with Sarah in the car. Since Brandon asked me to drive "them" there, I agreed to do so... At first I thought "them" is about 4 ppl... It turned out that it's only him and Ling Wei!!! And I have to pay RM 1.50 for the parking fee when the stadium is less than 1 km away from IMU!!! Sheesh... Well, I certainly will not drive there next time! I rather walk or talk LRT!!!

I was kinda awed when I finally entered the place... Man, the swimming pool is huge! I nv actually seen an Olympic sized swimming pool in person! Merely swimming from one end to the other is tough! And although I know I'm nv really good at swimming (I'm not meant for sports), it is only today that I actually realized how much more I need to train and learn after seeing Lawrence and his friends raced all the way to the end. I need 2 times their time to actually swim from one end to the other! Yvinne wasn't very happy with the guys performance... Heehee... But I guess I still have lots of time to practise!

Swimming at the aquatic centre was damn fun, and even better, the entrance fees are paid my IMU!!! I'm most certainly am going next week for the training, and continue to do so in the future. Now, time to study!!!!

No comments: