Sunday, June 13, 2004

THE GHOST OF RADIOHEAD'S PAST?!

I have given up hope on MTV and Channel [V] lately, since no good music seems to play from it for the last few years. Imagine my surprise when I saw 2 of Muse's MTV. There I was, in the student lounge, watching Anthony and Matthew playing Settlers of Catan, when an excellene britrock MTV was played out on Channel [V], Muse's Time is Running Out. I was fairly impressed by it, and the MTV was followed by another Muse's MTV, Sing for Absolution... And I was dumbtruck then...

That song still swims around in my head now. Perhaps u guys have watched the MTV b4, sumthing on a rocket launching off to space with a facially-emotionless guy singing in a spacesuit. The voice is SO SO SO SOmuch like Radiohead's Thom Yorke that I'm convinced it was their ghosts there from The Bends/ OK Computer era, whining/screaming/singing emotionally and almost pitifully... And I know that I seriously have to buy their Absolution album ASAP!!! I'm so sick of waiting for Radiohead to release albums that sounded like their earlier days! Maybe Absolution is wat I've been waiting for for the past 1 year since my discovery of Radiohead & Coldplay!!!

I guess I should still have hope on MTV and Channel [V]... For all the tons of crappy and rubbish musics they play, occasionally u could get to hear some great songs... If only they stop playing all those horribly disgusting Britney Spears MTV... Sigh... I guess that will be too good to be true... Pls MTV/ Channel [V], more Britrock!!!!

No comments: