Saturday, June 26, 2004

DESERVE A PLACE

34 of the 128 "unlucky" STPM graduates who wanna enter med school will be "dumped" to IMU in the next September intake. I'm not very happy with this idea initially, since getting straight A's doesn't really equate "guarenteed entrance" to med school! There's a lot of other factors that should be considered, like what's the motivation behind it, the candidate's interest etc.

But fortunately, IMU wisely choose to interview them 1st b4 determining whether to accept them or not, unlike other private universities. For that I'm thankful. The competition to enter here is bad enough, and an extra "guaranteed acceptance" for 34 students is a very unfair idea to me. I mean, wat about the ppl who got straight A's for their pre-U? Are they "less worthy" to enter med school than the STPM straight A's scorers? Therefore, the only fair way to do this is to let everyone has an equal chance of getting accepted, without any of those "privileges".

And I seriously hope that those who are accepted in the next intake will appreciate their place here as much as I did mine. I kinda estimate that for one place taken in IMU, 2 others can't make it. So I sure do hope that all of them will be serious about them becoming future doctors. (Whoa... A whole group of potential new students juz entered the library now! Must have been a tour of the library after the IMU intro talk! One of my batchmate mentioned "disappointing batch"... Heehee)

Talking about ppl who I strong feel that they're not supposed to be here, one of the student's comments posted on the notice board has been seriously bugging me. He (since he use the 'f' word, I guess it's a he) actually complaints that IMU cheated his money and are producing "study freaks". HELLO?! Wat do u expect a med student's life to be? All play and no work? Clubbing every night and partying everyday? And starts saving others life after u graduate without the need of requiring the huge pool of knowledge needed?! Sheesh, I can't believe he can actually make it thru to IMU. Ppl like these DUN DESERVED to be here!

Hmmmm... I think it's high time I go back to my studies now...

No comments: