Sunday, October 26, 2003

DVD PLAYER!!!

Mum bought a DVD player! And damn fast 2!! I mean, we juz went in there, ask for a DVD player, ask some usual stuff, and wham, we bought it!! Perhaps it's not very surprising for others, but for me who scrutinize every single detail on stuff I wanna buy, it's juz too fast to be believable... Perhaps one reason is bcos the shopowner is an ex-classmate of my mum, so I found it easier to trust him. We could have easily bring the player there to be fixed by him too!

But the one thing that distubs me at first is the brand of that player... Khind! Well, my uncle is the owner of the company, and we've bought loads of electronic appliances from them b4... They're not of the... highest quality... Tend to break down rather easily... But that's the cheapest model there, RM 280 (after discount)... The other was Toshiba with a price tag of RM 400+... Sigh... well, guess it's good enuf... We can always let the guy fix it...

Later my bro bought a new handphone after he lost his... Nokia 3100... RM 670!!! Watlao... The average price of the handphones sold there are around RM 350, and he bought a RM 600+ hp?! Crazy fella... Verily spend money like water!! Well, mum paid for it of course, else I'll probably chop him to mincemeat. Add up with the batteries and sim card n such, it cost at RM 738... $$$...

And so finally, I get to watch my DVD!!!



Well, the OVA is divided into 4 episodes... The 1st 2 episodes are really confusing, for it keep switching between flashback and present... In fact, I'm kindo lost in time... It's also felt very very rushed too... So at first I'm kinda disappointed... But by episode 2, it started to get very interesting... And the climatic episode 4 is truly truly heartbreaking and sad... Sigh... Poor poor Kenshin... I finally understand his true pain and grief and loneliness... Great anime... Definitely gonna watch it again...

On the side note... At first I was worried sick of the violance level of the anime, since many critic describe it as brutal and unrelenting... But I'm very relieved to find that it's not that bad actually, juz very bloody... It's juz blood, blood, and blood all over, but no guts or organs spilling out or anything like that. The animation is nice, but nowhere close to Hiyao Miyasaki's masterpieces... The soundtrack dun really fit the mood well, but it's decent... The only MAJOR flaw is the horrible English subtitle... Wrong spelling, wrong grammar, and worse of all, wrong timing... Sumtimes, it appears b4 any characters starts speaking, sometimes it only shws up after the character has spoken, and most of them it disappears too quickly... ARGH!!! I expected this since the DVD is made in M'sia, but it's damn annoying... I'll watch it with the Chinese subtitle next time... Hopefully it's better!

No comments: