Sunday, October 12, 2003

MAKING SIU MAI!!

Went to Linda's house to make siu mai for the Pasar Pagi sale at my church... All the money will be donated to an orphanage, so it's kinda like CPU Charity Day actually... Oh, in case u dunno wat siu mai is, it's a dim sum, with a mixture of pork, prawns, carrots and a little vege inside a thin "skin" made of flour... Hard to picture if u haven't ate it b4, eh? It taste really good, but damn expensive if u eat it outdoor... At our family's favourite dim sum restaurant, it cost RM 5 for 4 balls of siu mai... We're selling it for RM 0.50 per ball! Heheh... Sure will sell like hotcakes!

The fillings were already made when our Cell Group members were there, and all we need to do is juz wrap the fillings up... It's harder than it sounds... The first few attempts were horrible... The siu mai looks more like wan tan (er Chinese "delicacy")... Hahaha... But soon we get the hang of it... By the time the first few were cooked, the tasty aroma tempted me so badly that I can't resist it... And my, was it tasty! Not as good as the real thing, but almost! Juz too bad the prawns ratio is a bit too low... I can't taste them! But nevertheless, I'm truly impressed! I'm 100% sure all that we made will be not enough to satisfy the huge demand tomorrow! >=)

No comments: