Saturday, October 04, 2003

PRINCESS MONONOKE



WOW... WOW... I can't believe wat I juz watched... It blew my mind... Hayao Miyazaki is a GENIUS... His other work, Spirited Away, which I watched it some month ago, is equally breathtaking... But PRINCESS MONONOKE is EPIC in every sense... It's deserved to be perceived at the same level as The Lord of the Rings... Sheer brilliance... I'm speechless, yet I can't help but raving about how good it is at the same time... Easily 1 of the best motion picture ever produced, eventhough it's an Anime genre... 5 stars out of 5 (I wish I could give more than that!!!)... Instant classic, a cinematic landmark... A MUST WATCH!!!

I'm falling in love with Hayao Miyazaki's work... Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and some of u might remember My Neighbour Totoro (I myself only remembered a few key scenes, since I watched it long long ago when I was a kid):






He's a heck of a genius, and I'll wait patiently for his next work... The animation for Princess Mononoke is top-notch, the soundtrack beautiful, the characters that are easily liked (even the supposed villain), the plot is purely original, the creatures/ monsters well designed.... I can go on forever... But I have to stop now... Need some rest after watching an anime that lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes... Last word: WOW...

No comments: