Saturday, June 07, 2003

BACK FROM CG (RETYPED)

Today we have a newcomer to our Cell Group, Ley Ching!! And Ping Yin's bro Chee Wei has returned from Edinburgh, Scotland! He never met him b4 this CG, but I have seen his picture b4. He had sent his pic to me through icq i think about 3 to 4 months ago, but he dun look like the guy in that pic at all!! (Slight exxageration here... =) ) He's much more leaner and good looking!! =P Anyway, he's a very friendly guy. I get to talk to him without much trouble.

During the Praise and Worship session, the song Many Hearts Are Hungry Tonight really touched me...

Many hearts are hungry tonight
Many trapped in darkness
Yearn for the light
So many who are from home
And many who are lost
O Lord, Your wounded children need
The power of your cross

As bread that is broken
Use our lives
As wine that is poured out
A willing sacrifice
Empower us, Father
To share the love of Christ
As bread that is broken, Lord
Use our lives

Sigh... Am I a good vessel for the Lord?... I really dunno... Everyone has a gift, but I'm not sure what's mine yet... Many of my CG members are serving in church, but I only did so rarely... The main reason is because my parents dowan me to spend too much time at church, but if I really have the freedom to serve, will I? Will I? Sigh... I seriously dunno... How has God use my life? Have I not been glorifying myself all this time? I claimed that I get good results bcos I'm clever. Although I did give thanks to God, I seriously dunno how to glorify God through my results... how??? how??? I really need to consult Pastor Chook soon, since Pastor Maggie is leaving soon for a mission in Cambodia...

Our CG that day covered the whole Chapter 17 of 1 Samuel, about David and Goliath. The theme of our discussion is faith overules all human qualification. David, a young shepherd armed only with a slingshot and a few stones successfully defeated Goliath who was 9-feet-tall, fully equipped with armor, weapons and experience, just by faith. "David said to the Philistine (Goliath), 'You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied... All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands.' (1 Samuel 17:45,47)

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. " (1 Corinthians 1:21) God has indeed use young David to put the strong and powerful Philistine to shame. But how many of us really do trust God in all things? I , for one, tend to attempt to depend on myself fully when I solve my problems... I did pray for God's guidance, but if I don't feel like I like the way God is leading me, I will soon end up taking the problems into my own hands, with horrific results... Oh I must learn to trust God more in the future... "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." (Luke 17:6)

By the time I've reached home after my CG, it was already midnight!! I have to try to come back home earlier in the future, or else mum will forbid me to join any CGs in the future!! (scary thoughts...) Looking forward to the farewell dinner of Pastor Maggie this Sunday!!

No comments: