Saturday, June 21, 2003

FINISHED READING INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE

Well, I've finally finished reading Interview with the Vampire... I dun like the ending... The despair and meaningless of Louis's immortal life is just too too unbearable... Sigh... I love stories that ends in hope (i.e. Terminator 2, Fire Sea) or triumph (i.e. The Lord of the Rings etc.) or tragic sadness (i.e. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)... But despair?? Y end in despair?? But overall, the novel is quite good... I dun like Anne Rice's writing style... She just go on and on... Too descriptive... And the novel could have been divided into chapters instead of 1 continuous writing in 5 parts... BUt it's the characters that really intrigues me to read on, and also vampire life!! Anne Rice has successfully made vampires into a very interesting "race", kinda like how Tolkien created his elves... A good read... I'm looking forward to the sequels!!

No comments: