Tuesday, September 16, 2003

DAY OF RELIEF

First of all, Happy Birthday to my bro, Chong Ian!! ;) And now, Thanksgiving!!

Phew... Today is indeed a day of relief... Relieved for all the subjects I took this semester: Economics, Physics, Biology. First off, the newpaper analysis and presentation papers were returned to us, marked. I've been assuming that I wouldn't get high marks for my presentation, but the marks were indeed a surprise and GREAT relief to me... Out of 5 for both, I got 4.9 for my newspaper analysis and 4.7 for my presentation. Wow... To be frank, I dun think I actually deserved 4.7 for my presentation, since I sincerely think that I suck in that presentation (or perhaps the standard of a GOOD presentation is too high in my mind... Hmmm...) Thank God for such a lenient teacher as Mr. Kuah! It's quite sad that many students dun appreciate him... Sigh... He's quite a good teacher...

Next, Physics. Today's my turn for TAP (Teacher-Advisor Programme), and Mr. Gillick, my Physics teacher, happens to be my teacher-advisor. Well, he told me that my performance has been good throughout the 1st term, and the mark he recorded earlier (73+% I think... Really shocking for me then) was a mistake... Phew... He also told me my REAL mid-term mark should be around 90%, so thank God indeed!!! Physics is my weakest subject this semester, and I do hope that it will not pulled down my mark...

Finally, Biology. Kausar, who got among the highest score for the last Bio test in her class, told me that this time around, ppl who achieve high mark for the last test dun do well for this time, and vice versa for the students who dun perform well for the last test. Then a scarier news came from a fren of mine... Ben Hong, a student famed for his good results, got only 23 out of 30... That's really shocking to me... N by the time Mrs. Joanne gave us the paper, I was so anxious that my whole body went limp... By when my name was called n I took my paper, I can see from her expression that I did well in it. I was, indeed, bursting with joy when I found out I got 29 out of 30!!! Wohoo!! Praise God!! That 1 mark lost was, in the beginning, not very justifiable to me... But after Mrs. Joanne explained the reason for it, I accepted it contently... It's indeed logical for that mark deduction.

So, THANK YOU GOD for such a wonderful day, and guiding me through hard times!!! =D I am indeed very glad now, for I know my mid-term results will be good enough to almost 100% guarantee me a seat in IMU. I also wanna thank Beng Beng for being such an inspiration for me! I've indeed improved a lot in my studies since last semester. Again, if u're reading this, Beng, thank u!! Hope u fare well in ur studies with all the other geniuses at KYMS!!! >=)

No comments: