Sunday, September 21, 2003

THE DOG IS GONE... FOR GOOD...

I haven't seen the dog outside my house for days... Guess it must have been captured... or worse, eaten... Dunno... Funny, I wish it to be gone juz a few months ago... Now that it is not here... Kinda can't get used to it... And it's also very sad to think that it may be slaughtered... Sigh... Watevea u r, dog, hope life is better there... Unless u're dead... Sigh... Guess it's goodbye then...

Watched Gosford Park today at Astro's Star Movie Channel... I've been longing to watch that movie since I've 1st heard about it last year (being a fan of period plays or movies - That is, costumes n culture of earlier era), but I guess it's banned in M'sia for some reasons... Well, I expect it to be something like the boardgame Cluedo, but it's very different... The movie is all about characters... The whole movie is character-driven... There's practically no plot at all, but more of a characters studies... Many will find it boring, but I find it very engaging, interseting n amusing... Maggie Smith as Constance is so sarcastically funny think she should have won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress instead of Jennifer Cornelly in A Beautiful Mind...

The movie begins we've a bunch of upper class British bugeoise gather at Gosford Park (a mansion) for a hunting party. Most of them brought along their manservants and maids, causing the mansion to swell with people... The class difference is shown very clearly in the movie... The upper classes are mostly snobbish n even b*tchy... The workers are... well, in another world... Very hard to explain in few words... Throughout the 2 and a half hour, we get to know the characters gradually... And my, there are really many many characters that the viewers have to get to know!!! Around 20 or so... I'm very confused in the beginning, but after 2 hours or so, I get to know them better... In fact, I even CARED for some of them... A good movie indeed... Juz sadly, after the film is over, I juz can't see any STORY at all... It's juz a bunch of characters under the same house, how they interact, how chain reactions lead to the uncovery of secrets... There are juz so so many secrets of the past in many of the characters... Indeed very impressive... 4.5 stars out of 5!!!

...Still waiting for a good movie... The last good movie I've seen in the cinema was... The Matrix Reloaded... But fear not... As the end of the year approaches, more Oscar-worthy movies will be shown... Oooo I can't wait!!! But 1st, Identity... Wonder when I can watch that...

No comments: