Thursday, September 18, 2003

MASTERPIECE

I've found the definite guitar masterpiece... Radiohead's Paranoid Android... It completely blows me away... Wow... I really dunno how to describe it... The guitars... Espeacially during the climax of that song... Mind-blowing... I'm speechless...

Went with my cousin to Sunway Pyramid after classes... U noticed I've been to many places with my cousin lately. He has returned from India for a month or so, and so we spend his "precious time" here "exploring around"... Heehee... Been to Subang Parade, Sunway Pyramid, IMU, and a few popular restaurants... Hahaha, he must have been enjoying himself here... But still it certainly must be too short for him here... Studying in India is really tough indeed...

Anyway, this is the 1st time I stepped into Pyramid since the holidays after 1st semester... I went there with Beng n Jayne there... Juz a few days after I started this blog, if I remember correctly... And my, how much has it changed!!! Well, ok, maybe I'm a bit exxagerating here, but from wat I remember 3 months ago, there ain't no shops at the skating level, and u have to pay to juz go down the stairs... The shops there are kinda cute, being so tiny... But we dun really spent a lot of time exploring there... except for the one I longed to visit... The anime shop!!!

It's quite far from the stair, but eventually we found it... Lo and behold, Anime Paradise!! I quickly look for the VCD I've been searching for a long long time... The Rurouni Kenshin's OVAs... After much search, I'VE FOUND IT!!! Betrayal and Reflection!! But I can't find the 1st OVA, Trust though... Nevertheless, I was very very excited... but at the same time, has this feeling of dread creeping inside me... To confirm mu suspicion, I look all over the cover... But found no mention of the one I fear... Then I ask my cousin to ask the cashier... My suspicion proved true... They are DVDs!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!! Not now after I've found it!!! Sheesh... Guess I must get a DVD player of PS2 soon... Or continue my search for the OVAs VCD!!!

After much exploration through Fantasy Music Valley and Speedy, I've found the album I wanted, OK Computer, by Radiohead... but not in the format I wanted!!! There's only CDs for that album, not a single cassette!!! Argh... Guess I have no choice then... Bye bye, RM 44... <=( Thus I got my hand for the 2nd original music CD I've ever bought (If I remember correctly)... The 1st was Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill... Interestingly, both album was produced in 1997... 6 years ago... Wow... Long, huh?

The album is very different from the next one they produced, Kid A at 2000... While Kid A has a Techno-ish sound, the music from OK Computer are mostly Rock, and I must say they made good use of guitars... Paranoid Android is really really cool... I dowan to repeat wat I said in the beginning again, but u guys should check it out!!! It's a MASTERPIECE!!! I repeat, a MASTERPIECE!!! Download it, ASAP!!! PARANOID ANDROID, by RADIOHEAD!!!

No comments: